Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Need to add character before leading zero in a field

Sub addchar()
Set myrange = Range("D1:D10")
j = 1
For Each mycell In myrange
Cells(j, 4) = "x0" & mycell
j = j + 1
Next
End Sub

Change "D1:D10" to the Range you needed
Change j = 1 to j = N where N is the row of the first cell of your range
Change Cells(j, 4) to Cells(j, M) where M is the column number of your
range )
(A=1, B=2. etc)
Change "x0" to whatever character you want followed by 0
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Melin" wrote in message
I need an automated way to add a character before a leading zero in a
field.
I am importing information into excel from one software, manipulating the
information so I have only what I need and then exporting the information
into another software. We created a macro to keep the leading zero in
Excel
but the software we are importing the information into does not allow
leading
zeros. =( So we have to add a character to before the leading zero.

I am currently using Excel 2003. Any help would be appreciated.