Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Converse[_2_] Roger Converse[_2_] is offline

Default replacing text in a cell

Hello,

I have a file with about 5,000 records. A majority of them are fine, but
some of them have an * in the cell. This prevents my query from matching up
with another file, because there should not be a * in the cell.

so for example one file contains this product id:

FRK F218026*

and the other file contains

FRK F218026

I have tried to do a replace, but when I replace the * everything
disappears. I next tried to filter on anything that contains an *, but that
didn't filter anything. Apparently MS Excel "thinks" that there is an * in
every cell.

Thank you,
Roger