Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default VLOOKUP?

=SUM(SUMIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&{1,2}&"!B1:B100"),A1,I NDIRECT("Sheet"&{1,2}&"!C1:C100")))

"smooney" wrote:

I need to know if this is possible.

I have a workbook with several worksheets. Each worksheet looks like
(example):

Worksheet #1
Column A Column B Column C
Active Smith, Jane 10
Inactive Doe, John 12
Leave Brown, Lee 30

Worksheet #2
Column A Column B Column C
Leave Doe, John 5
Leave Brown, Lee 15
Active Smith, Jane 40

What I need is the sum of all entries in column C from all worksheets (by
row). And I need these numbers to stay with the person. The problem is that
the person's name is not in the same row on every worksheet.

So the 'totals' worksheet would look like this:

Column A Column B
Smith, Jane 50
Brown, Lee 45
Doe, John 17