Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] whatsupdoc205@hotmail.com is offline

Default WYSI(N)WYG? Courier New TT not displayed below 80% View

On Dec 4, 11:47 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
This post by Debra Dalgleish will help:
You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening
(make a backup copy of the registry first):

Thanks. I will keep this for future reference. But I am relunctant
to change a Registry setting without knowing all the ramifications of
the change.

I think KB 829389 answers most of my questions. But I need to chew on
it for a while.

Thanks again.

PS: Another reasons for my relunctance is that I have never backed up
and restored the Registry. The Help information that I found did not
answer all my questions. I can continue to poke around for
information. But if some kind soul would like to offer a step-by-step
procedure for both back-up and restore, I would appreciate it.
Alternatively, I would be happy with a pointer to a concise procedure
"for dummies".