Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
katrina[_2_] katrina[_2_] is offline

Default What formula to use?

Hi There

I am trying to combine data from one s'sheet to another depending on
conditions.

I am trying to combine date from different spreadsheets into one,
named template.xls. The first sheet I am trying to draw data from is
called lodgement.xls. Common values between the two sheets are
customer number and customer name. In template.xls each customer has
one line entry however in lodgement.xls if a customer has more than
one lodgement point they have a seperate line for each new lodgement
point.

Each lodgement point is tied to a lodgement zone, there are 7 possible
lodgment zones.

Template,xls is set up as follows

A1 = Cust No.
b1 = Cust Name
c1 = LZ 1
d1 = Lz2
e1 = Lz3
f1 = Lz4
g1 =LP 1
g2 = LP 2
etc

i want to be able to determine if the customer from template.xls
appears in lodgement point.xls
if the customer has one than one lodgment zone i would like them to
appear in cells c2, d2, e2 etc.
Does anyone know what formula I would use to do this?
Thanks
katrina