Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BobA5835 BobA5835 is offline

Default Geomean function

Hello Joeu2004 and Harlan:

Bravo Gentlemen.

I followed Joeu2004's instructions regarding the ctrl+shift+Enter with both
of Harlan's formulas and the Results are identical to my target Value of
13.42!

Proving you are both Geniuses and entitled to my undying, eternal Thanks and
Gratitude!

I can't wait to run these new calcs past my programmer, even he will be
impressed!

Warm regards,

Bob

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

BobA5835 wrote...
Interestingly enough, your formula gave me a closer value to the
target test value than Harlans. My programmer says it may have to
do with the log function in some way.

It might. If this were so, you might achieve even higher precision
using a larger base for your logarithms, e.g.,

=128^AVERAGE(LOG(x,128))