Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
soon-to-retire-teacher soon-to-retire-teacher is offline

Default Bell Curve

I went to the Web Site and printed out the 10 pages of instructions but got
hung up on page 2. I enter'd formula =A2*$H$1+$F$1 in B2 and
=NORMDIST(B2,$F$1,$H$1,FALSE) in C2. Instructions said to copy the B2:C2
range down to cover all rows with data in column A. So I selected B2 and
dragged to C2 and then copied down to the last row containing numbers in
Column A. After copying the range down and releasing my mouse, I see 0's in
column B and '#NAME!' in column C. What might I have done wrong? Should
"Mean" be in E1 and Std.Dev be in G1 now?
NOTE: If I select cell C2 with =NORMDIST(B2,$F$1,$H$1,FALSE) in it, a
caution sign appears in B2 with the zero.
Seems I can't even get to first base on this.

I welcome your help.

Trying to get in on
"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote:

NORMDIST with the cumulative parameter set to FALSE will calculate points on
the bell curve. See
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch...tion/index.htm
for details.

Jerry

"Todd Nelson" wrote:

Is there a formula that will calculate a bell curve?