Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Insert # of Rows determined by cell

I think I would have kept that check to make sure that the number was always
positive.

If you wanted a little more info (might be helpful if there's another problem):

If IsNumeric(HowMany) Then
If HowMany 1 Then
.Rows(iRow + 1).Resize(HowMany).Insert
Else
msgbox "Row: " & irow & " has a non-positive number"
End If
Else
msgbox "Row: " & iRow & " has nonnumeric data"
End If

Justin H wrote:

We got it! I searched back through the data page by page and found a lone
wolf throwing everything off. One of the rows decided it wanted to have a -9
thrown in there instead of 9. Thanks a ton for you help!

Here is the Final Code Used to get the job done.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim iRow As Long
Dim FirstRow As Long
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim HowMany As Variant

Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")
With wks
FirstRow = 2 'if there headers in row 1, if not use 1 instead of 2???
LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row

For iRow = LastRow To FirstRow Step -1
HowMany = .Cells(iRow, "G").Value
If IsNumeric(HowMany) Then
.Rows(iRow + 1).Resize(HowMany).Insert
End If
Next iRow
End With
End Sub

It's amazing how things work when the data doesn't play games with you.
Thanks again to everyone who helped out.

--

Dave Peterson