Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default User of : in times

If you have a BUNCH of them to enter, then you could change your procedure a
bit and use two columns, one for the hours, and one for the minutes and one
for the seconds....no need to enter the colons......
If you then wanted that converted to one cell, you could use
=TIME(A1,B1,C1),and then format it as you would.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"houghi" wrote:

I have recieved a huge list on paper with a LOT of times on it in the
format 12:34:56. Unfortunatly it is not possible to recieve the list
digitaly.

I need to enter these and the thing that disturbes me most is that I
have to type the : which is awkward with the <shift<;

Is there a way that I can use the - key on the numeric keyboard to
display the : in excel? That would speed things up a LOT for me.

I have searched googe and was not able to find anything, so I am not
sure wether this is possible.

houghi
--
Listen do you hear them drawing near in their search for the sinners?
Feeding on the power of our fear and the evil within us.