Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default XL Axis label formatting issue

Brian,

What you have to do is create a table with a couple of extra ranges. Let's
say that the labels are in A2:A10, amounts in B2:B10 and you want to
highlight on a condition

C2: =IF(condition_met,0,NA())
D2: =IF(condition_not_met,0,NA())

Then select the whole range and chart it. This will create a chart with 3
series.

Find the series 2 series and right-click it and select Chart Type and change
it to line.

Then Double click the data series and change check the Category Name on the
DataLabels tab.

Then right-click the data labels and on the Alignment tab, change the Label
Position to below. Yu can also set the font here.

Repeat for series 3.

You might want to remove the colour from the series 2 and 3 lines as well.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Brian Reilly, MVP" wrote in message
Hi folks, I know that has been asked a million gazillion time but
can't chase down a good solution, or missed it for an XL solution.
Forget MS Grump.

The labels in Axes have problems with line breaks. Is there a work
around via VBA?

The font labels might want to change color. e.g. Label 1 good =green
and then Label 2 bad =red.

I don't think this can be done, but if it can be done, I'd bet, in
alphabetical sort that And P or Jon P could do this.

anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks to all,

Brian Reilly, PPT MVP