Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Copy a graph within a workbook in Excel 2007

If the chart is embedded on the sheet with the data, it is easy. Copy the
sheet, and the embedded copied chart points to the copied data.

If the chart is a chart sheet, then it's more complicated. Select the chart
and the worksheet with the data, right click on one of the tabs, and use
Move or Copy Sheet to MOVE them to a new workbook. Save this new workbook.
Select the two sheets in the new workbook, use Move or Copy to move them
into the original workbook. Since this is all the sheets in the new
workbook, the new workbook will close without saving changes. Reopen the new
workbook, select the chart sheet and worksheet, use Move or Copy again to
move them to the original workbook. This is your copy. Repeat the
reopen/move or copy as many times as needed.

This procedure is unchanged from Excel 2003 and earlier.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Hubes" wrote in message
I have an user who is trying to copy a graph and data onto a new worksheet
in
a workbook. The problem is that the graph points back to the original
worksheet and we need it to point to the new one. Does anyone have any
ideas
on how to accomplish this? I can send a sample workbook to anyone who
would
like to see what is happening. I was unable to replicate the users problem
until he sent me an example.

Just to hold off those who say use Move or Copy function, this only works
when copying to a new workbook and not within a workbook.