Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default using colour within a formula

Lise,

Why can't you just set the font color for B8:D8,F8 to red?

If you can not for some reason, then you will need to:
(assuming the formula you listed is in G8)

1. Select "B8:D8,F8"
2. Format Conditional Formating...
3. Change the "Cell value is" dropdown to "Formula is"
4. Paste in this formula:
=$G8<""
5. Click the "Format..." button and set text color to red

If your formula is in some cell other than G8, adjust the "$G8" to the
address of your cell.

HTH,

Conan

"Lise" wrote in message
Hi - I am using this formula:
=IF(B8="",,B8 & " caused a " & D8 & " to the " & C8 & " due to " & F8)
which is filling in the detail I require, however I would like to make the
formula make B8, D8, C8 and F8 red text (as they are in their original
form)
Can anyone assist please.
Many thanks