Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jseymour84@gmail.com is offline

Default Creating Aggregate Data by Customer Name for Specific Date Range

Hello,

I am having some problems with Excel 2007 - specifically my lack of
knowledge with the product. I have service call data from a range of
3 years for about 15 different customers. I need to use this data to
answer two different questions:

1. I need to count the number cases throughout the entire date range
by customer.
2. I need to count the number of cases throughout the entire date
range by customer by month.

For example, I need to see how many service calls Customer A had in
the last three years as well as per month for the last three years.

My sheet looks like this:

A1 B1
9/11/2007 Customer A
10/1/2005 Customer B

(Names have been changed for privacy concerns).

I've tried using COUNTIF and FREQUENCY but cannot seem to generate
output like I want it to. I've tried importing the data into Access
but that was even more futile than the COUNTIF function was.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jesse