Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default conditional formatting within chart

Sheesh! And there was me thinking I thought it up :-)!

--
HTH

Bob

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Here's a tutorial that expands upon the technique Bob describes:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
The way that I would do it is to have two sets of helper columns, one
with the negatives and one with the positives, like so

=(IF(H1<0,ABS(H1),NA())

and

=IF(H10,H1,NA())

and copy down. Then chart those two sets of data in one go. The bars will
be setup as different colours and you can format to red and green.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"JC" wrote in message
I've got a bar chart (the lines flow left to right) that i update every
week...the current bar chart i'm using has some sort of conditional
formatting where if the number is 0, the bars are all green, but if the
number is <0, then all the bars are red...for some reason my original
chart's
formatting stopped working. how do i set that up, short of highlighting
each
bar...i've got about 20 graphs to update...

Thanks!!!
JC