Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill Kuunders Bill Kuunders is offline

Default Specific formula query

One way

=CEILING(A1/16,1)

or if you want to get more complicated have a look at creating a table and
use the vlookup function.
--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill Kuunders

"TomL77" wrote in message
Excel 2003

I want a cell to show a different value depending on whether another cell
shows less than, equal to, or more than a range of values. For example:

If value in cell X is 16 or less, I want cell Y to show 1
If value in cell X is more than 16, but less than or equal to 32, I want
cell Y to show 2
If value in cell X is more than 32, but less than or equal to 48, I want
cell Y to show 3
And so on...
Help please, can't seem to create the right syntax to make this happen...
Thanks