Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default links to a second workbook doesn't work if origin not open

You can do it that way.

If you like, an array formula using a combination of Sum() and If(), OR, a
Sumproduct() formula, would probably do the job in one shot.

Care to post some of your formulas to see what can be worked out?

RD

"Gerardo" wrote in message
Thank you, that is actually the case, I have a sumif() with the conditions
in
the workbook that contains the formula and the values to be added coming
from
a second workbook. So maybe I should link to those cells in the second
workbook and then use the formula with all the parameters within the same
workbook right?

Regards

"RagDyer" wrote:

*Actual links* will work on open and/or closed WBs, so I'm assuming that
you're talking about formulas that reference other WBs.

Certain functions *do not* work on closed files, such as Sumif(),
Countif(0,
and Indirect(), among others.

Post back with the formulas you're trying to use, and we'll see about
helping with work-around formulas.
--
HTH,

RD

"Gerardo" wrote in message
I have some links from one workbook to another, but when I open only the
destination workbook the link shows #value! error. If I then open the
origin,
the link does show the proper value. If I close the origin, the link
keeps
the values in destination just during that "session" if I close the
workbook
and open again I will need to open the origin as well. Why the link
doesn't
keep the values as it should?