Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Complex IF STATEMENT

Change the data slight to

H30: -100%
I30: 0%
J30: 2%
K30: 5%
L30: 9%

and then use

=F30*LOOKUP(E30,H30:L30,{0.5,0.75,1,1.25,1.5})

--
HTH

Bob

"CR3" wrote in message
I have an urgent question about creating a complex IF statement in Excel.

I have the following data:

A Year to Date(YTD) entry field with a percentage of 8% in it. (E30)

A Weight entry field with a percentage of 5% in it. (F30)

I then have Five fields that are used as qualifiers for the Year to Date
field:
The first field has an entry value that reads <0%. (H30)
The second has a value of .1%-2%. (I30)
The third= 2.1%-5% (J30)
The fourth= 5.1%-9% (K30)
and the Fifth= 9.1% (L30)

I need an IF statement that says IF YTD(E30) falls into the criteria of
the
first qualifier field(H30), multiply the weight value(F30) by .5. Or, if
YTD(E30) falls into the criteria for the second qualifier field(I30),
multiply the weight(F30) by .75. And the same for the remaining three
qualifying fields. (the corresponding rates to be multiplied by are 1,
1.25,
and 1.5)

Thank you for any help you can give.