Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pravin pravin is offline

Default Vlookup

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your early reply.

I feel the problem is with the software and not with writing the formula.

I am checking the URL you have sent for troubleshooting.

Best regards.
--
Pravin

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd review the notes for troubleshooting =vlookup() formulas from Debra
Dalgleish:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

pravin wrote:

I was trying a vlookup formula for comparing 2 sets of values. I tried to
check if there was anything missing by deleting all columns leaving only 1
column in both worksheets - source and destination. If I have only 1 column,
the formula works properly. Following is the formula given.

=vlookup(a1, sheet1!$a$1:$a$4,1,0)

The erros is given if I change this to =vlookup(a, sheet1!$a$1:$b$4,2,0)
after I insert on column in the source data.

Is there something missing or is there any corruption? I have worked on
vlookup on the same computer for at least 3 years now. The error has started
very recently. A system administrator regularly scans my computer for any
virus threats.

I will appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks and best regards.
--