Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Highlight rows

Scott

Note this code will wipe out any Conditional Formatting you may have on cells.

Also highlights multiple selections.

Might be better of to go with Chip Pearson's RowLiner add-in that does not clear
CF's

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:41:01 -0800, Scott R
wrote:

Hey Ryan,

That worked great!

Thanx!!

( I did have a browse in prev posts but couldnt find anything)

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I think this will do what you want:
Right-click the worksheet tab, and paste this code in the window that opens...

'----------------------------------------------------------------
'----------------------------------------------------------------
Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With Target
With .EntireRow
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
With .FormatConditions(1)
With .Borders(xlTop)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
With .Borders(xlBottom)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
.Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End With
End With
With .EntireColumn
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
With .FormatConditions(1)
With .Borders(xlLeft)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
With .Borders(xlRight)
.LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Weight = xlThin
.ColorIndex = 5
End With
.Interior.ColorIndex = 20
End With
End With

.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With

End Sub

I forgot where I got this, but I think it was from this discussion group a
while back.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Scott R" wrote:

Hi Guys,Im pretty sure this cant be done but thought id check with the
brainstrust..
I have XL2003 and would like the entire row to be highlighted when im in a
particular cell so it is easy to reference data in other cells on that row. I
know i could click on the row number itself but is there a way for it to
happen by just being in a particular cell?