Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Gerstman David Gerstman is offline

Default Referencing a value on a different worksheet

When I remove the :I7 it now displays
='07PAGE-1'!B7 as the value.

I'll double check the Cell format.

David

"Elkar" wrote:

Ok, good, you're getting a #VALUE! error. That's progress. At least that
means that the formula is displaying results now.

So, yes, I believe this gets back to my original response, in making sure
that the reference to a merged cell only includes the top-left most cell in
the merged area.

If you click on the cell, then look at the formula bar, what is the formula?
If it is ='07PAGE-1'!B7:I7 like you originally posted, then remove the :I7
portion.

HTH,
Elkar

"David Gerstman" wrote:

I also figured that it was formatting, but I followed what you said and still
get a #VALUE! error.
(Does it make a difference that both cells are merged?)

Sorry to keep bugging you, I really appreciate the help.

David

"Elkar" wrote:

Hmm... I've got to think that the problem lies with cell formatting.

Select the cell on your second worksheet where you're entering the formula.
From the FORMAT Menu, choose "Cells"
On the Number Tab, choose "General"
Click OK
Type in =
Select your first worksheet, then click on the cell to be referenced
Hit ENTER

That should work. Is it still displaying the formula instead of the
results? If so, I'm really at a loss as to why.

HTH,
Elkar