Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default VLOOKUP Problems

That's the problem, you think you see the match. You might have
leading/trailing spaces or invisible html characters in either the lookup
value or in the table or you might use numbers that are text etc. Test one
of those that you are sure are matches just simply by using

=B2=cell_you_think_is_a_match

TRUE or FALSE?

then use

=LEN(B2)

=LEN(cell_you_think_is_a_match)

same number,

then it's time to check the format

=ISNUMBER(B2)

and so on

Peo Sjoblom

"Erika" wrote in message
I tried both and I get N/A as a result even though I see the match
=VLOOKUP(B2,'Lookup 2'!B:B,1,False)
=VLOOKUP(B2,'Lookup 2'!B:B,1,0)

"Allllen" wrote:

syntax should be
=VLOOKUP(A1,C:C,1,0)

where A1 is the value you are looking for

--
Allllen

"Erika" wrote:

I am trying to create a VLOOKUP - I want the Table Array to search C:C
(all
of column c) - I keep getting an error. Am I doing this incorrectly?