Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default Conditional Sum Incorrect

Hi Ed

Whilst I replied to Niek in the mvp group, that I could not re-create the
problem, carrying out a save and re-open as you describe, the formula does
display the incorrect value on recalculating.
This was saving in compatibility mode.
When I save as a .xlsx file, then reopen, it works OK.

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"Ed Ferrero" wrote in message

If I fill B1:B10 with 1 the sum is 10.

In Excel 2007, =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<x",B1:B10) gives the incorrect value of 0
when it is first entered.

If I place some text in A1, the SUMIF then calculates correctly, if I
delete the text, the SUMIF continues to calculate corretly.

If I delete the text, then save the workbook, close and repoen, then
recalculate the SUMIF, it is incorrect

It seems that the initial value of the SUMIF function is not correct.

Agree this looks like a bug.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com