Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Karl Karl is offline

Default IF formulas and monthly finances

Hi,

Im creating a spreadsheet to track the activity of my department next year.
One of the things I want to do is track the money made on a certain kind of
job, but I want to do it month by month.

So, in the relevant table on my €œreports€ worksheet I want to use an IF
formula to say the following:

€œLook at the column €œa€ on the ad hoc worksheet. Calculate the total of all
the cells in column €œb€ for which the corresponding cell in column €œa€
contains a date from Jan/Feb/Mar 2008 (and so on).

Can anyone tell me how this would look?

Thanks

Karl