Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Real-time charting of DDE links

How rapid is rapid-fire? Once per second?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"andy" wrote in message
The data is changing at a rapid fire speed because 5 stocks are linked to
the
one number that I would like to chart. For the chart, I think a
high-low-close chart would be fine instead of the candlesticks. I just
want
to see if the number moves really big in that 1-minute interval. I am
unfamiliar with "Worksteet_Calculate"...I will have to study this.

Thanks Jon!

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

How frequently is the data updated? Are the candlesticks the way you want
show the average range calculation?

Basically you need a way to capture the data each time it changes.
Probably
you will archive the data to another sheet, along with a time stamp.
Since
the new values lead to a recalculation of the average range each time
they
are updated, you could probably get away with using Worksheet_Calculate
fire the archiving of data. I'd list the data in one range, then use
formulas to compute the minute by minute OHLC.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"andy" wrote in message
I have DDE links for my stock analysis. All the cells below are
dynamically
updating and I would like the chart (in real-time) the number "-86.1%"
from
below. I would like to chart 1-minute candle stick charts that show
the
open-high-low-close for each candle. Do you possiblly know of any
programs
that could do this for me?
Thanks!

HIGH LOW LAST Range
DD 48.33 46.97 47.15 -86.8%
DOW 44.33 43.53 43.70 -78.7%
AA 38.36 37.31 37.40 -91.4%
MON 96.50 94.26 94.56 -86.6%
FCX 114.24 107.19 108.10 -87.1%
-86.1%
=SUM(F2:FF6)/5
=(Last-High)/(High-Low)

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Could you provide a few more details about what you need? I've dabbled
in
this area just a bit.
- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"andy" wrote in message
Is it possible to chart DDE links in real-time in Excel? Could
someone
please point me in the right direction to find out how this can be
done.
Thanks!