Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sammy sammy is offline

Default Consecutive page numbers on worksheets in Excel

Hi Larry,

I seems Excel v2007 is the answer and as fate would have it, my company is
upgrading in 1Q2008. I look forward to an answer that i believe should have
existed in my present version.

Sammy

"Larryq22" wrote:

It seems like things got a lot easier in Excel 2007. I've had the same
problem with numbering consecutive pages across worksheets in the same
workbook, but I had some success in 2007. My workbook consisted of a series
of worksheets, each of which was a separate section in a report. There was
also a cover page worksheet and a table of contents worksheet which occupied
the first two worksheets in the workbook.

To number all the pages, I inserted footers containing the "&Page" command
on all sheets on which I wanted the page # to appear. (I omitted this for
the cover and contents pages.)

On the first page of the report (third worksheet), I used the Page Layout
tab, Print Titles button, Page tab of dialog box, First Page Number = 1.
(You can also get to this dialog box through Print PreviewPage Setup.)

On subsequent worksheets, I left First Page Number as Auto.

This miraculously worked, so the entire report is in on Excel workbook, with
correct page numbers.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!

Larry

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has 3 separate worksheets in it.

The documents will all be printed together as one large document and I would
like consecutive page numbering throughout the document. So far, all I can
get is page 1-3 of the first worksheet, page 1-4 of the second, etc.

Any advice? Can this be done?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP