Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Formula to Return the next 1st Tuesday of a Month

A nice, compact formula for the next 1st Tuesday... excellent!. However, if
the first of the month is a 1st Tuesday, it returns the next month's 1st
Tuesday... is there a way to stop that? Actually, more important to the
thread is the recently clarified requirement from the OP that on such first
of the month, 1st Tuesday dates, if the time is before noon, the current
date should be returned and if after noon, the next month 1st Tuesday should
be returned instead. Your formula appears to "choke" when a time component
is added to the date. Can your formula be adjusted to accommodate this
requirement?

Rick

"Robert McCurdy" wrote in message
This just tests if the date is the one you are looking for, so you can use
it with Conditional formatting.

=AND(DAY(A2)<8,MOD(A2,7)=3)

And this one returns the next 1st Tuesday of the month date.

=A2+MATCH(1,N(MOD(A2+ROW($1:$35),7)=3)*(DAY(A2+ROW ($1:$35))<8),0)

Array entered.

Regards
Robert McCurdy

"Sean" wrote in message
How can I construct a formula that will relate TODAY to the 1st
Tuesday of each month.

For example as today is 01/12/07, my formula should return 04/12/07,
but if TODAY was 05/12/07, then it should return 01/01/08 etc

Thanks