Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Conditional Sum Incorrect

I think, It's a bug in XL-2007

A1:A10 (virgin blank cells)
B1:B10 (B1=1, B2=2,......10)

C1: =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<x",B1:B10)

C1 returns 0. I enter either text (except "x") or number in column A (let
say A3), C1 returns 55. When I delete cell A3. A1:A10 are blanks, C1 stay 55.
I expect it returns to 0.

In XL-2003 always returns 55 (either virgin blank cells A1:A10, a number, or
text except "x")

"FAI_Judge" wrote:

There seems to be a major bug in Excel. I open a spreadsheet in Office 2000
Excel and a conditonal sum gives a correct answer. Open the same speadsheet
in Excel 2007 and the formula gives another sum. In Excel 2007 if I copy
that part of the sheet to a new sheet it returns the correct sum. The
formula is of the form

=sumif(a50:a67,"<x",e50:e67)
sum in Excel 2000 = 315
sum in Excel 2007 = 290

Column a50:a67 is empty (has been deleted). If I highlight column e50:e67
in Excel 2007 the sum on the status bar is correct (315).

Anyone had this problem?