Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FAI_Judge[_2_] FAI_Judge[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional Sum Incorrect

Yes, cells a50:a67 are empty and do not contain "x" so the sum should be 315
but is 290. If I fill the cells are filled with x then the sum is 0. If
those x(s) are then deleted the sum is now 315. The sum before filling and
then deleting the x(s) was 290. This sure seems like a bug to me.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Column a50:a67 is empty (has been deleted

Sure can't equal "x" then
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"FAI_Judge" wrote in message
There seems to be a major bug in Excel. I open a spreadsheet in Office
2000
Excel and a conditonal sum gives a correct answer. Open the same
speadsheet
in Excel 2007 and the formula gives another sum. In Excel 2007 if I copy
that part of the sheet to a new sheet it returns the correct sum. The
formula is of the form

=sumif(a50:a67,"<x",e50:e67)
sum in Excel 2000 = 315
sum in Excel 2007 = 290

Column a50:a67 is empty (has been deleted). If I highlight column e50:e67
in Excel 2007 the sum on the status bar is correct (315).

Anyone had this problem?