Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default MSN Stock Quote Addin

I think Yahoo may serve you better. Symbols for MSN likely NOT the same
http://finance.yahoo.com/lookup?s=CM
this one maybe?
http://finance.yahoo.com/lookup?s=CM-pd.to
goto

and look in the files section. There are several free files.
I have a couple of free files under author donalb36
Symbol Name Basis
Shares Last Trade
IBM INTL BUSINESS MAC $ 100.00 100.00 $
105.18
T AT&T INC. $ 100.00 100.00 $ 38.21
MSFT MICROSOFT CP - $ 33.60
FE FIRSTENERGY CP - $ 68.56
cm-pd.to CANADIAN IMP BANK - $
25.18

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dennis M" wrote in message
Does anyone know the correct "format" for the stock symbol to download
stock
quotes for preferred shares from the Toronto Stock Exchange. Note that
getting quotes for common shares is fine; no problem.

Here's an example ...
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Preferred D is commonly listed as ...
cm.pr.d or cm-d.
The former gets me the name but no stock info. The latter "sometimes" gets
me the price, but most often will not. It is getting very frustrating to
manually update 20 stocks every day.

FWIW I'm using Excel 2007 and Vista Premium. Note that everything worked
OK
until a few months ago, so I don't think it is an Excel or Vista problem.
think I really just need to know the format for symbols for preferred
shares.