Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Time Sheet

Think an index/match would do it for you

Assume source data* in sheet: x, from row2 down
with key col = col B (Project) with unique project ids
*Date, Project, Activity, From, To and Total Hours in cols A to F

In your invoice sheet,
assume project ids are also listed in B2 down

Put in say, D2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH($B2,x!$B:$B,0)),"",INDEX(x!C:C,MATC H($B2,x!$B:$B,0)))
Copy D2 across to G2, fill down as far as required to populate. Cols D to G
will return the corresponding Activity, From, To and Total Hours in x's cols
C to F which match the project ids in col B. Unmatched ids, if any, will
return blanks: "".
--
Max
Singapore
"David" wrote:
I have a monthly time sheet on which I post hours for a number of different
projects. On Sheet 1 the columns from left to right are Date, Project,
Activity, From, To and Total Hours.

On Sheet2 I want to automatically seperate each project (from Sheet1) with
that projects corresponding invoice total.

Any thoughts on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.