Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HAZBONES HAZBONES is offline

Default Dropdown List that populates another column

You said put the formula in column M2. Is that correct? I don't have anything
in the M column. I only have columns A,J, & K at the moment. Can you clarify
because I did as you wrote but nothing happens.

"Max" wrote:

One play which delivers it here ..

Put in M2: =IF(A$1="","",IF(K2=A$1,ROW(),""))
Copy M2 down to cover the max expected extent of data in col K. Leave M1
blank.

Then just place in B1:
=IF(ROW()COUNT(M:M),"",INDEX(L:L,SMALL(M:M,ROW()) ))
Copy B1 down to the same extent as done in col M. Col B will return the
required FCP results for the DV selection made in A1.
--
Max
Singapore
"HAZBONES" wrote:
I have two data source columns named Service (J1) and FCP (K1). Service
column is text data and FCP is number data like this:

Service FCP
AMMS 70
AMMS 13
Medical 20
Exec 6
Exec 19

*notice that there can be more than one FCP number to a service

I have a drop down box at (A1). The drop down box works fine, the user
clicks on it and is given a list of the Services that he can pick from.

Beside the drop down list in Column B I want to have appear all of the FCP
numbers (not a total of them but how they appear in the FCP source coulmn)
that relate to the Service that was selected from the drop down box like this:

[Column A] [Column B]
Dropdown FCP
*Service Selected* FCP1
FCP2
FCP3

I have been racking my brain for 3 days on this. Can anyone tell me how this
could be done?