Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ywcaofjamestownDebbie ywcaofjamestownDebbie is offline

Default Data is not updating in Excel

I have a formula in a workbook. When the sheet that I am getting the updates
from are in the same workbook it works great and it updates immediately when
I make a change. When I try to get an update from another workbook, I have to
edit this formula before it recognizes any changes.
THis is the formula I am using:
=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A8,'E:\Debbie\[OCT 07.xls]Copay Oct
29-31'!$A$1:$R$386,11,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A8,'E:\Debb ie\[OCT 07.xls]Copay Oct
29-31'!$A$1:$R$386,11,FALSE))
What am I doing wrong. I want it to update the minute I make a change in the
previous workbook.

--
Debbie Pringle