Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cdankanis cdankanis is offline

Default Excel 2007, Conditional Formatting, Format Painter

Thanks for your reply! Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I need to have F5 be
conditionally formatted based on C5, and F6 on C6. Now I see that I wasn't
clear enough at all. I'm sorry!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Rather than using the format painter, it is easier (IMO) in XL2007 to got to
Conditional Formattingand change the range in the Applies to field

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"cdankanis" wrote in message
Hi! I had a question using the format painter in the new Excel 2007 for
conditional formatting. In my "old" version of Excel, if I had a
conditional
format in cell F5, I could format paint that conditional formatting from
F6
through F200, and the relative reference that I used in F5 would update in
F6, F7, F8, etc.

Now, however, when I do that same function, all of the conditional
formatting for F6 through F200 uses the relative reference of F6. The
only
way I've found to do this is to double-click the format painter, and
individually click F6, and then F7, and then F8, etc.

I'm pretty good at clicking, but this is too much - even for me! please
help?