Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default number of days in week issue.

Nice explanation, Stephen.

Pete

On Nov 30, 4:36 pm, "Stephen" <none wrote:
Then you will have to add 1 to your subtraction. It isn't Excel insisting on
anything - it's how arithmetic works! If I give out tickets numbered
sequentially, starting with number 7 and finishing with 27, how many tickets
have I given out? Twenty one. But 27 - 7 = 20. To correctly calculate the
number of tickets, I need to use (last - first + 1). This example directly
correlates with yours - if the number on each ticket is the day of the
month.

"Burt" wrote in message

I want to be able to calculate the amount of weeks between 2 dates.

If in A1 I have 07/01/08 (mon) and in B1 I have 28/01/08 (mon) I know I
can
do:

=(b1-a1)/7

and it gives me the correct answer - 3 weeks (providing I re-format the
answer).

However, what my spreadsheet requires is that 1 week should be Monday to
Sunday, and not Monday to Monday. If I count the amount of days from Mon
Sun then that should be 7 days....so why does Excel insist I use Mon to
Mon
when in fact that is 8 days. How do I get around this problem. (I have
have the weekday end on a sunday and not a monday).

hope you can help- Hide quoted text -