Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Burt Burt is offline

Default number of days in week issue.

Hi,

I want to be able to calculate the amount of weeks between 2 dates.

If in A1 I have 07/01/08 (mon) and in B1 I have 28/01/08 (mon) I know I can
do:

=(b1-a1)/7

and it gives me the correct answer - 3 weeks (providing I re-format the
answer).

However, what my spreadsheet requires is that 1 week should be Monday to
Sunday, and not Monday to Monday. If I count the amount of days from Mon to
Sun then that should be 7 days....so why does Excel insist I use Mon to Mon
when in fact that is 8 days. How do I get around this problem. (I have to
have the weekday end on a sunday and not a monday).

hope you can help