Pierre Fichaud

=vlookup(a1,sheet1!a1:b863,4,false)

I get #REF.

I want the value in the 4th column in sheet1 to be inserted in the cell when
any of A1 to b863 match a1.

PF.

Bob Phillips wrote:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B100,2,FALSE)

--

HTH

RP

"Pierre Fichaud" wrote in message
I have 2 sheets, The first sheet has coulmns 1 with a name and column 2
with a value. The second sheet has column 1 with a name and other
columns. Using the name in sheet2, I want to find an exact match with a
name in column1 of sheet1 and then move the corresponding value in
column 2 of shhet 1 to sheet2. I think this can de done with VLOOKUP but
I can't get past the second parameter. Can someone help me with this?
TIA. PF.