Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Text spacing uneven when copying charts from EXCEL 2007 to WORD 20

I've been dissatisfied with copying as picture/pasting as picture in Office
2007. In prior versions, the metafile that's produced can be completely
ungrouped and modified, but the new versions cannot. For example, all of the
horizontal gridlines in a chart are included in a single shape which cannot
be further ungrouped. I'm sure it was done to facilitate the new shape
formatting effects (gradient lines and all that). I wish I could revert to
the old style graphics in 2007. All the fancy glow and shading effects are
for the birds.

Ironically, my customary advice to use picture format rather than bitmap
format when copying as a picture in Excel must be reversed for best results
in 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"MikeM" <michael[dot]mittelmanl[at]db[dot]com wrote in message
I'm trying not to whine, however, amongst the many problems and
frustrations
in making the transition from the current Office environment to Office
2007,
we have experienced some uneven text spacing when copying charts from
Excel
2007 to Word 2007.

Our method is as follows: the charts are objects on the worksheet. We
select the chart, copy as a picture in Excel and paste into Word as an
enhanced metafile. Our default font is Arial.

I have tried this using every combination of copying (as picture) in Excel
and pasting into Word and the problem persists. I have used both our
black
and white (Hewlett Packard LaserJet 8150) and color (Canon Fiery) print
drivers.

The problem has also occurred when the chart is a separate worksheet in
Excel.

When the same Excel file is opened in Excel 2002, the chart is copied and
pasted in the same way and there is no problem with the text at all.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mike