Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Create a function to add one to the count

Thanks for the feed back.
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Bernard and David, you have helped me so much, THANKS, you both pointed me
in
the right direction, the article that Bernard linked me to gave me what I
was
looking for to use with the 2003 version I have at work. Now I know how to
do
it with both the 2003 version at work and the 2007 version I have at
home.
I ended up using variations of this formula to get what I wanted, it may
not
be pretty but it works: this for LR's total of attempts
=SUM(IF(D2:D42="Y",IF(E2:E42="lr",1,0),0)+IF(D2:D4 2="N",IF(E2:E42="LR",1,0),0))

Thanks again!!!
"Lawrence" wrote:

OK, this is probably an easy one, but I can't figure it out. We (two of
us)
keep a list of patients that we put PICCs in, I want to have a small
table
automatically total the number Attempts, not attempts, and successful
placements.
so basically, if D3=Y and E3=LR then add one to the number in Attempts
(J4)
and successful placements (J6).