Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default How can I add down a list a specified number of cells?

Imagine you put the number of weeks you want to add in cell F1 (eg
10). Then you could use this formula:

=SUM(INDIRECT("A2:A"&F1+1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 30, 12:43 pm, porbeagle
wrote:
I have a huge number of lists that I am calculating. I have a vertical list
of numbers
each vertical cell represents a week. I am trying to add up a varing number
of week forward to madel stock controls. Currently I am adding up each
individual cell for the number of week that i need (ie 4 weeks is
=sum(a2+a3+a4+a5). This is very clumsy and time consuming. Is there a way to
write a formula that adds up a specified number of cells forward. i.e add ten
cells down the list and return total?