Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Simon is offline

Default Excel 2007 opens all spreadsheets

Fantastic, saved my day, and stopped me pulling my hair out. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Simon

"J. Sperry" wrote:

Click the Office Button (top left), then click Excel Options, then click
Advanced. Scroll down to the General section (near the bottom) and see
what's in the box labeled "At startup, open all files in:". If anything is
there, delete it.

"Simon" wrote:

Having just got Excel 2007, when I open it it opens every Excel spreadsheet
created in Excel 2000 that is in my default directory. Like 100's in
something called compatability mode. I cannot find where to turn off this
crazy feature and it does not solve it when I try to save these worksheets.

Any idea's before I go back to 2000