Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default LOOKUP skips cells

LOOKUP requires that the lookup_vector be sorted in acsending order. If it
is sorted and there is not an exact match found then it will match the
closest value that is less than the lookup_value. If you're wanting exact
matches only try this alternative:

=INDEX(Main!$J$90:$J$99,MATCH(A1,Main!$A$90:$A$99, 0))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"reddog_3d" wrote in message
Here's my formula:

LOOKUP(A1, Main!$A$90:$A$99, Main!$J$90:$J$99)

what I'm trying to do is tell excel to check if A1 matches anything on
another workbook, if it does, then look at this column and return the
corresponding value in this column.

But for some weird reason it keeps skipping the first two cells in the
range! Like if A1 =Main!A90, it returns Main!J93. Or if A1 =Main!A91, it
returns Main!J94.

This formula works everywhere else - just not on these two cells (Main!A90
and Main!A91)!!!!

I've deleted everything and re-written from fresh, still does it.

If excel had a butt I'd kick it...

I've deleted