Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Help with function

I suspect you need to tell us much more but to answer your question.

=IF(AND(a3="c",OR(b3={1,4,6,9,"s"})),"h","")

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"SFC Traver" wrote in message
Column A Column B Column C
R 2 NAAI
C 4 H
M G API

Here is what I cant figure out and I need someones help with. Column C
needs
to be populated based on what A and B contain. For example, If Column A is
"C" and Column B has a 1,4,6,9,or S, then I need column C to equal H. The
false value would then go down and look for the valid combonations for
"M",
"C", etc in Column A.

Does that make sense? I get some of it to work, but when I need it to
check
mutliple values ("OR") in Column B, I get errors. Column B is the only
Column
that will have a multiple.