Bob Phillips

H1: =LARGE($C$1:$C$10,ROW())
J1: =INDEX($D$1:$D$10,MATCH(H1,$C$1:$C$10,0))
and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"Dave E" wrote in message

Bob
Works fine if I put figures in the columns you suggest, but in my existing
spreadsheet the numbers are in column C, and the names in column D. When I
substitute into the formula I just keep getting #NUM.
Thanks again
Dave E

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Dave,

Something like, assuming the original list in A1:B10

H1: =LARGE($A$1:$A$10,ROW())
J1: =INDEX($B$1:$B$10,MATCH(H1,$A$1:$A$10,0))
and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"Dave E" wrote in message "Dave E"

wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with a column of ingredients, and another column

with
the percentages of each, not necessarily in order. Would I be able to
express the list elsewhere in the sheet but listing the greatest

amount of
ingredient first, followed by the next greatest etc.?
Thanks
Dave Eastham