Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Prasada Prasada is offline

Default filtering information

Brandy, lets assume the excel sheet has 4 columns A,B,C,D
which has vendor name A, vendor # A, vendor name B, vendor # B
Now put the cursor in column E (row # 1) and click the function button - it
looks like fx and a big text box next to it. In the text box type
=EXACT(TRIM(A1),TRIM(C1))
Press enter and then copy the first E1 and paste in all the E column rest
other rows. Now the other rows will display either true or false.. Now from
the DATA Menu do a filter for all the "FALSE" ones

I hope this helps

"Brandy" wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to do with the "EXACT" formula.
Is there a way to compare the name or numbers and then delete all the
matching ones and leave the ones that don't match? So I can see how many
vendors company B has that company A doesn't??