Jane

thank you! - I will try this..... if I could impose another question
connected to this....
I have other criteria to consider in addition to what is stated below. Here
are my conditions as stated in another formula:
if this is true, =AND($J$3=1,$I21=1,K$3="x"), then I would want to apply the
formula below.

am I being clear? do you need more info to answer?

"Jane" wrote:

I need to populate a limited # of cells in a column with a set value.

Cell A1 contains the # of cells that should be populated down column
starting at A3.
Cell A2 contains the values that is to be populated.
Once the # of cells is populated, the cells below that shopuld be populated
with 0

any suggestions?
thank you in advance ! jane