Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Prasada Prasada is offline

Default Filtering Information

There is a function "EXACT" - You can use this to compare two text columns.
In case you have trailing spaces to the vendor names, use trim.
It looks like this - =EXACT(TRIM(A1),TRIM(B1)), which returns true or false

Thanks
Prasada

"Brandy" wrote:

Ok. I hope I explain this correctly.

I have an excel worksheet. I have columns for "Vendor Names - Company A",
"Vendor # - Company A", "Vendor Names - Company B", "Vendor # - Company B".

I want to compare either the names or the numbers (doesn't matter which) and
find all the vendors that Company B has that Company A doesn't have.

Does that make sense? Is there an EASY way to do this?

Thank you.