Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Chris Chris is offline

Default Text Formula Question

Don,

Your a life saver, thank you very much!!!!

Chris

"Don Guillett" wrote:

=vlookuo(a2,sheet1!$a$2:$x$200,2,0)
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Chris" wrote in message
Don, thanks for the reply...i looked up VLOOKUP and found the formula, but
still cant seem to make it work...the formual inputs are a bit
confusing...any suggestions, sorry?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Look in the help index for VLOOKUP making sure to use the last parameter
since not in order.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Chris" wrote in message
What I would like to do is the following:

Say I have 2 spreadsheets in a workbook, say A and B. In spreadsheet
A, I
have a database or list. For example, in column a I have a ticker
symbol
(MOT), column b the company name (Motorola) and in column c I have a ID
#
(0000111).

Now I switch over to spreadsheet B to do some work...what I want to
create
is a formula for if I type in the ticker symbol "MOT" in say column a,
column
b and c will automatically fill in the company name and ID # from the
spreadsheet A.

My entries arent in the same order as they are listed in the
database...is
there a way to do this? I cant seem to figure it out, hope my wording
isnt
too confusing, thanks!