Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cpa-mcse.net cpa-mcse.net is offline

Default VLOOKUP(sorta) againts SQL Server table - HELP!

Thank you, but that is not able to look at a SQL database table.

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Index/Match overcomes many of the limitations of Vlookup:

Ryan---
--
RyGuy

"cpa-mcse.net" wrote:

Simplified scenario:

I have column A and column B with multiple rows of variable data in the
column A cells (i.e. account numbers). I want to return a value to the cell
in column B pulled from a single SQL Server table which depends upon the
value in the column A cell (i.e. account names).

It's essentially the same as a VLOOKUP against a SQL table rather than an
Excel range. VLOOKUP will not work, so I am looking for other solutions.

I am using Excel 2007. I am aware of the SQL.REQUEST function as a clumsy
but workable solution, but it is not supported in Excel 2007.

Anyone up to the challenge? Thanks in advance! :)