Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Conditional FOrmating

Maggie,

I don't believe you can use wildcards in conditional formatting which would
be the obvious solution but you could try this conditional format:-

=LEFT(A1,7)="Highway"

It may suit your need but it would evaluate as true for any string beginning
with Highway not just Highway Line. If that isn't good enough then post back.

Mike

"Maggie" wrote:

How can I use CF to change appearance of cells if say $A1 was either the word
"Highway" or Highway Line". I want these to return the same conditional
format and I would like them to utilise only one of the 3 CFs available in
Excel.
--
Cheers

Maggie