Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Nichols[_2_] Ron Nichols[_2_] is offline

Default How are cell formats in one linked workbook carried forward to

Thanks for the information. I have limited experience with macros but would
be interested in an examble that checks the background color of one cell and
sets the current cell based on the results.

Thanks

Ron Nichols

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

There is no easy way to carry the formats forward. XL functions return values
only. There are no functions that return formats. To do what youwant will
require custom macros. If you want to persue that reply back. Note that the
proposed macros are not simple in nature.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ron Nichols" wrote:

I am using formulas to bring cell data from one worksheet to another. I also
want to bring forward the cell formats since some of the cells are color
coded.

Cell formats on the source document may change as the data changes. The
original cell color is manually set when the source spreadsheet is created
but can change as updates occur.

Does anyone have examples of how this is done?